Job Title: Support Engineer
Location: Fully Remote (UK/Europe), Southampton (HQ), London (Satellite Office)
Salary: Circa £30,000 DOE plus 10% out of hours rota salary uplift.
Our technology is active across 46 countries, we create both SaaS and custom web development projects. This position will see you working within our support team ensuring our technology is live and supported on a 24/7 basis, while keeping our customers and internal stakeholders engaged and updated.
- To support, document, monitor and automate Alliants professional services and product as agreed in contractual arrangements.
- To provide expert consultancy regarding current and future technical strategy for Alliants and its clients.
- To assist with controlling costs, and where possible increase revenues relating to support services.
AWS / Azure / GCP Certification achieved
Extremely competent in:
- Managing and configuring AWS environments, including Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ECS, S3 and Lambda.
- Automated provisioning and configuration management technologies
- Containerisation technology such as Docker
- Setting up and maintaining continuous integration systems
- Setting up and maintaining deployment pipelines and environments
- System management and diagnostics including *nix command line familiarity
- Securing and documenting systems from a infosec perspective, including vulnerability management
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience in building robust designs with no single points of failure at every level from network to application and database servers.
- Technical change and release implementations, including immutable deployments and backup / restore utilisationSecuring and documenting systems from an infosec perspective
- Managing and maintaining networks within a cloud environment
- Building and improving monitoring solutions e.g Datadog / PagerDuty
- Database management and administration
- Managing and configuring other cloud based environments e.g. Azure, GCP
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible and/or Packer
- Familiarity with various database systems, primarily PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Programming competency to aid in application level support / debugging and custom deployment / CI pipeline behaviour
Interested or you’d like to learn more? Please click apply or send your application/questions to our Resource Manager - Lewis Farley.
More information on Alliants here: https:/www.alliants.com/